Friday, May 20, 2011

No love from Costa ! (20/05/2011)

WRONG!
                               Anyone who have had  coffee at Costa Coffee will surely appreciate the size of a regular cup. Its so big that the large ones  are more like a small bucket of coffee! You can buy a large and take a bath in case there is water cut in your area ( read South Bombay).Gross!
                               I had gone to their outlet at Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel about a month ago and  a very  particular situation presented itself. The place was packed and I had managed to get myself a small table.The system in this place is that you have to give your order at the counter inside and then the waiters will bring your orders at your table. Now, since I was alone, I knew the moment I leave the table someone or the other is going to pounce on this 'khali' table. I can already see hyena type looks from fellow coffee drinkers that says the unsaid " You  move you ass and your carcass is gone! " . Hmmmm.............interesting situation!


                                Anyway, after the fifth  SOS hand wave, one of the waiters finally came. I requested him to take the order at the table after explaining the situation to him. He simply and indifferently  told me to give the order at the counter. He even assured me that no one will take the table - so much for Mr. Smartypants and his training. I had no choice but to go to the counter where I talked and explained my situation to Mr. one position up Sadarjee, behind the counter . He was very polite with his trained "Customer is always right' smile  but no solution was forthcoming from this counter either- bad training or bad genes,I couldn't tell ! While all this was going on I saw the table being occupied by the already described fellow coffee drinkers. At this point of time I was not even concerned  about the table but wanted  Mr. Sadarjee to acknowledge that  the system needs improvement. No such luck!
Guess, at Costa you just can't buy your coffee and drink it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment